Very often, clients call me looking for “quick ideas.” For example, “We have a tradeshow coming up in June…do you have some ideas for a tradeshow giveaway we could use?” My first response usually comprises of a series of questions:
- What do you want to accomplish at the show?
- Who is your target audience?
- How many prospects are we dealing with?
- What kind of budget do you have in mind?
- What is the theme of the show? Or of your booth? (ie. Are customers coming to see the newest products? Or are they coming to hear about the latest technology stories? Or do you want to share success stories or “case studies” with your clients and prospects?
If this is a new client, I may even ask:
- What promotional strategies have you employed before?
- What products have you incorporated into your strategy?
- How did you use them? (Hopefully not just “gave them away” to anyone who walked up to our booth!)
- How did those work out? Did you get the desired results?
- Were you able to measure results or return on your investment? (Why? Why not?)
Tell us about a recent tradeshow story…Or feel free to click on the image above for some tradeshow advertising inspiration. You can also click here to see our complete line of “flipper” catalogs.